Tuesday 14 May 2013

Review: For the Fun of It: Off Grid Prepper Comic



Now I’m a HUGE comic book fan, so I apologies in advance for my nerdiness and sheer excitement about a Prepper Comic!

As I was trawling away on Google for some new independent comics to have a glance at I came across Mind Comics. After landing on the home page the first thing I spot is this guy!











My heart jumped! Could there be a Prepping comic?! Well the answer is Yes! Yes there is!
After downloading and reading the first few pages of issue one I was enthralled! The artwork, the dialog, the action… Fantastic!


Just to give you a bit of insight the comic revolves around a civil war that breaks out after the nation’s grid system is shut down. The comic explores the government’s reactions and enforcements, the underground movement “The Resistance” and the use of technology in today’s society

This comic would be a great teaching aid for those with teenagers to get them interested in following in your Prepping footsteps.


I cannot rate this more highly.


In the spirit of Prepping I’ve also come up with my own rating system for any new books, comics, movies and articles I’ll be reviewing: “Spork’s out of 5” … Sporks? You ask – who doesn’t love saying “Spork” and one should be in everyone’s EDC or BOB!

 



Only four Spork’s as it has some pretty ‘colourful’ language that could have, maybe been avoided :)


You can get Off-Grid by Plaid Klaus at  http://mindcomics.com/OffGrid.html



Hope for the best, Prep for the worst!

0 comments:

Post a Comment